|▲ Microsoft held a media briefing on its IoT strategy and prime cases.|
In the morning of the 16th, Microsoft Korea introduced the strategy of activating the IoT (Internet of Things) ecosystem at its headquarters in Gwanghwamun, Seoul and introduced prime examples of domestic and foreign companies that are realizing digital transformation using Microsoft’s IoT and AI technologies.
“Microsoft has more than 10,000 IoT partners, from the intelligent edge to the cloud, with a wealth of industry-wide expertise. Based on this, the company plans to introduce IoT solutions that are flexible and scalable to meet clients’ needs or internal processes, and helps them achieve business innovation.” Lee Keon-Bok, IoT Solution Architect at Microsoft Korea, said.
|▲ Lee Keon-Bok, IoT Solution Architect at Microsoft Korea|
|▲ It has been surveyed that enterprises know the importance of IoT but are hesitant to adopt due to security issues and lack of manpower.|
|▲ Portfolio of Microsoft IoT Solutions|
First, Lee Keon-Bok announced the results of the IoT-related market trends and the survey results. The IoT market is expected to create tremendous innovations, including $130 billion in operating profit from IoT-related services and a 94% increase in IoT-related businesses by 2021. According to Microsoft’s ‘IoT Signals’ survey, 88% of companies said that IoT is very important for business success. Still, 48% of companies said that they lack the 'experienced engineers in developing IoT solutions' and 97% said they have security concerns. Here, Lee Keon-Bok said, “IoT engineers have to know all about devices, operating systems, services, etc., so it is natural that the number of engineers is insufficient.”
To improve this, he introduced Microsoft’s IoT strategy, “IoT to be a little easier and simpler”. The IoT solution is composed of 70% mechanically simplified "architecture factors" and the remaining 30% of “differentiable factors and functions." However, Lee Keon-Bok explained that companies are spending too much time on “architecture factors” that are less differentiated. Hence, Microsoft provides industry-specific “architecture factors” so that companies can focus on “differentiable factors and functions”.
In particular, Microsoft provides a solution characterized by productivity, hybrid, intelligence, and reliability for the section of “architecture factors” to make it easier and simpler for companies to implement IoT. In addition, the solution is an end-to-end solution based on the Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge, which has the intelligence to the edge and have the ability to handle the data generated near the end user. On top of that, it will also support business advancement.
|▲ Microsoft Azure IoT Hub|
|▲ Hyundai Heavy Industries has improved employee skills by applying Microsoft IoT solutions.|
|▲ ULikeKorea was able to manage livestock through a bio capsule with Microsoft IoT solutions.|
Lee Keon-Bok introduced that Microsoft has a broad range of intelligent cloud and intelligent edge-based IoT solutions, including device-specific solutions. There are also solutions available in the form of SaaS and PaaS, as well as solutions applicable to the cloud and specific industries.
Among them, ‘Azure IoT Hub’, available in the form of PaaS, supports two-way communication with millions of devices, device authentication with advanced security technology, fast device connectivity through provisioning service, and multiple device management. Moreover, he added that while ‘Azure IoT Hub’ processes 6 million messages a day, it costs only about $48 a month.
Lee Keon-Bok then introduced five prime cases, including three Korean cases. First, Maersk, a shipping company that successfully tracks and monitors more than 30,000 refrigerated container shipments and enhances both stability and reliability through Microsoft IoT solution was explained. A mining business company, Newcrest also manages machines in real time at the mining site and consequently minimized downtime. To be specific, Newcrest applies Microsoft IoT solution to stop the mineral shredder when minerals of improper size enter the grinder.
As for Korean companies, the case of Hyundai Heavy Industries, which improved the employees' ability by applying ‘Smart Welding Machine with Two-Way Monitoring IoT Technology’, was introduced. SK Telecom also adopted Microsoft’s IoT solutions at ‘Big Data Analytics Metatron Solution for Manufacturing’ and a new IoT platform service that will be soon released. Furthermore, the case of ULikeKorea was mentioned. The company is creating new business through disease prevention and health management of livestock based on big data and AI with IoT bio capsule.
吉祥彩票官网 © acrofan All Right Reserved